High School Level Program
Meet online with a group of U.S. and Chinese students and a mentor from a top-ranked university. Over the course of 12 meetings, create a business plan and mock ups for an online business to address a problem you observe in your communities.
Do market research, test your assumptions, and iterate to respond to feedback
Use the top startup tools to design a digital solution to address a social problem
Earn a certificate from Startup Hoyas, part of the Georgetown Entrepreneurship Initiative
Selected by a committee of business school professors, entrepreneurs, and NGO leaders, the group(s) with the most viable business plans will receive $1000 seed funding plus an additional two weeks of intensive mentoring from a high-level industry mentor.
Meetings are led by each group's mentor and consist of lectures, discussions, case studies, and activities based on innovation and entrepreneurship concepts including:
- Studied International and Development Economics at Yale University
- Dual degree in Business & Economics from the #1 EU B-School, University of St. Gallen (Bloomberg)
- Led a US$500k crowdfunding campaign for a Zurich-based startup
- Oversaw US market expansion for a Taiwan edtech startup
- Founder of education NGO & consultant for urban food access NGO in St. Louis area
- Research intern at Wilson Center for Public Policy in Washington, DC
- Yancheng Scholar at Peking University
"It was an unforgettable teamwork experience."
Aaron W. (Shanghai Pinghe Bilingual School)
"In the program I learned how to work and cooperate with people from different countries and backgrounds and come up with a business plan that could solve a common problem in our communities. At first it was difficult but once we kept working at it the plan came together."
Cameron B. (D.C. Public High School)
"Over the course of the program, I’ve gotten to know my American teammates a lot more, and it’s been a pleasure working with them. Even though there were some challenges, we were able to push out a final product that we could all be proud of. This was definitely an interesting and unique experience that I am honored to have had."
Kevin L. (Tsinghua Int'l School, Beijing)
Scholarships are available.
Please log in to review the syllabus for this program.