November 24, 2017
Right after Chinese Near Year 2018, you can start learning to code the startup way, in Shanghai! With Le Wagon Batch#130, you will build your own application, find a job in the tech industry (as junior developer or product manager) and collaborate efficiently with a future dev team.
Register before December 1st and get 10% off tuition.
Want to see what you can build? Join us for Le Wagon [Batch #112 DEMO DAY](https://www.divvii.cn/events/8/a-graduation-party-for-batch-112-le-wagon-shanghai/).
October 10, 2017
Watson is the first incubator leading to a degree for the world’s most promising
next-generation changemakers and social entrepreneurs.
From the Watson [website](http://watson.lynn.edu/prospective-students/):
### Scholar Selection Criteria
We are looking for early stage social entrepreneurs, innovators, and changemakers with a bias towards action. We do not select based on GPA, SAT scores, nationality, or ability to pay. We look at the whole person, and evaluate each application using three main criteria:
#### The Person
- Gritty Idealism: Watson scholars are idealistic in the sense that they believe they can make the world a better place, but gritty in that they aren’t afraid to start and bootstrap a solution in a resource-limited environment.
- Entrepreneurial Courage: Ideal candidates protect their courage by demonstrating that they are not afraid to step out of their comfort zone with a bias towards action. They are simultaneously driven to protect the courage of those in their community through support and peer-to-peer mentorship.
#### The Idea
- Addressing the Root Cause: We evaluate the extent to which their entrepreneurial idea addresses the root cause of the problem they are choosing to solve – and how well they have articulated both the problem and the solution. True social change is never achieved by creating “band-aid” solutions.
- Viability of Idea: We look at how likely it is that the applicant’s venture will succeed. Does the applicant have a solid idea and model to develop, advance, and eventually scale?
#### The Stage
- Life Stage: Students can apply to Watson for their full Bachelor’s degree (3 years) or the semester incubator before (gap year), during (semester away), or after their undergraduate studies (pre-career semester).
- Project Stage, Early Prototyping: The students we select are early stage in the development of their ventures, but in most cases, strong applicants have already implemented at least a prototype of their idea.
If you're fearless, not afraid of the limitations that some may try to place on you because of your age or experience level, and willing to take big risks to solve big challenges, then Watson might be the program for you.
Watson is hosting a prospective students Basecamp Weekend this November, inviting all young, impact-driven social innovators – high school, community college, gap-year, or university students – who are interested in the Watson method. For an entire weekend, participants will be immersed in the world of social innovation education while getting to know our current entrepreneurship scholars from 13 countries and visiting our campus.
All interested students are invited to attend our Basecamp weekend. Register to attend [here](http://watson.lynn.edu/basecamp-application/), and top applicants will be selected to be “Basecamp Fellows” – meaning that they will be flown in from anywhere in the US for this two-day Boulder Basecamp. Other attendees will arrange their own transportation.
See the weekend itinerary [here](http://3w5be11baopnpmsuc2s9a1hd.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Basecamp-Itinerary-2017.pdf).
**Dates:** November 10-12, 2017
**Location:** Chautauqua Park, Boulder, CO
**Requirements to Register:** Young individuals with an interest in social entrepreneurship and a passion for social change.
**Basecamp Fellows:** Basecamp Fellows are the top selected prospective students who fill out the form to attend Basecamp. We will fly several students to Boulder for this weekend of learning and being immersed in the Watson experience.
**What it covers:** The Basecamp weekend has no cost. Attendees will come to Boulder for a two day Basecamp and will stay with current students on Watson’s campus to learn the fundamentals of social entrepreneurship and be introduced to the Watson model and method. Food and lodging will be covered for all attendees.
**Why basecamp?** We want to jump-start the journey of next generation social entrepreneurs through a two-day basecamp for prospective Watson students.
#### Fill out the [attendance form](http://watson.lynn.edu/basecamp-application/) by November 1, 2017 and email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.